Tuesday 17 June 2008

Rice, Shark Fin Soup and Roast Dinner.... this is basic weaning right?!


So another day, and some more weaning exploits for the Edward-Tedward. We tried having breakfast this morning. I used some of his milk to make up about a tablespoon of baby-rice, it went down quite well, and I was impressed at how much he ate and then drank as the mornings are his least hungry time of the day.

As Edward snoozed off his breakfast I read the organic puree book we got from the library. It had a rather evangelical organic rant at the start which I skipped, but overall proved to be a really excellent read with lots of very useful information all clearly laid out with nice pretty colours. I've decided to follow the suggested time-table in it, as it seemed very sensible and easy to follow.




For lunch Edward had very tasty shark hehe! I gave it to him to play with and thought that it was actually a really good toy for developing his 'finger-food' skills. By the time he'd finished it was utterly sodden and covered in milk, quite disgusting, but he obviously had lots of fun which is what it's all about really!


My intentions to follow the time-table in the book went out of the window at dinner time. I had made a roast and we had Karolina over and all sat at the dinner table. Edward isn't always awake or in the mood for food when Luke and I are eating and so I thought this was too good an opportunity for learning to be missed. So Edward sat at the table with us, and as we had our roast Edward had his. I don't think he really ate anything, but that wasn't really the point, I was just keen that he sat and ate with everyone else as I think the social side of eating is just as important as the food itself, that said I think I may be finding bits of broccoli and asparagus for days!



Tomorrow I will aim to return to the plan...just 2-3 teaspoons of baby rice for the boy!



No comments: