Wednesday 6 August 2008

Piggy Wiggy Day!

Breakfast - Banana and porridge (fed to him by his Daddy!)

Lunch - Mince with tomato and vegetable sauce, and two cubes of carrot. Yoghurt for pudding.

Supper - Half a jar of vegetable and lentil bake (the one from John Lewis) a yoghurt and then apple puree with baby rice!!

I was truly amazed by how much Edward ate today, what a little porker! I'm pleased though as he ate some proper foods as well as 'puddingy' sweet things, though it is obvious which is his favourite.

At dinner time he had got so hungry he'd worked himself up and started crying and continued to cry the entire time I fed him, however it all went down and I didn't take any nonsense I just poked it in, it seemed to work well as I wasn't having to force it in, he wouldn't open his mouth for it as it came in, but if I poked his lips then he would. I never want to force him to eat and I know full well that if he didn't like it he would clamp his little jaws shut and turn his head away!

I also didn't do my usual trick of 'sweet spoonful' followed by 'savoury spoonful' he just got his mains and then got is pudding. I think this is a much more healthy way of doing things as I don't want him to think of sweet things as a reward, they are just part of an overall balanced meal.

In the evening after supper Edward had a bath and Uncle Fred helped out which was really awesome :o)

I really need to have a few days of stocking up the freezer as it's starting to look a little empty now he's started eating so much, I've got some potatoes, apples, nectarines and a butternut squash.all ready to be prepared.


No comments: