Friday 11 July 2008

Butternut Squash on Cracker Bread

I began feeding Edward butternut squash for lunch, however he really wanted to feed himself so I got half a cracker bread and spread the butternut squash on it, he did very well at eating it, and I had one too so that he could watch me and copy my example as I want him to get used to chewing not just sucking. He managed a few chews but mostly just sucked it to death! He then had some yoghurt for pudding though fell asleep in his chair towards then end of the pot, bless him :o)

For supper Edward had some broccoli, I initially mashed it with a fork but unlike last time it wasn't overcooked and so didn't mash that well, so I took it back to the kitchen and pureed it with some milk, he ate a bit but wasn't that keen. He then finished off his pot of yoghurt and had a bottle of milk which I think is what he really wanted.

No comments: