Thursday 10 July 2008

Demmand for Food

Karolina we've got competition for our Mango!!! If Edward gives you his best flirty eyes will you eat mango with him too?

Well it appears that Edward is much more fond of his food than I'd previously realized, though he eats what I feed him, but he rarely seems very enthusiastic. Today however things changed, all afternoon Edward was grizzling and winging, not ideal timing as I was feeling pretty exhausted and trying to sleep, Luke couldn't work out what was wrong, he tried sitting him in his bouncer, laying him on his mat, giving him cuddles, giving him milk and nothing settled him.

I eventually gave up on my nap and came in to try my best to settle him without any luck, then I started eating some dried mango and noticed he was watching me very closely, it struck me that despite him not wanting milk he was actually hungry for food!!

He had had breakfast a couple of tablespoons of muesli and apple puree but clearly he wanted lunchy-munchies or actually given the time it had got to supper. So I fed him some apple puree which he wolfed down, so I then offered him a rice-cracker spread with houmous which he didn't really want, he still looked hungry and so I gave him a strawberry yoghurt the first half of which he ate quickly, and the second half less so.

Usually he gets solids at lunch and dinner, however today I gave him his first portion of solids at breakfast time as I knew we were going to be out at lunch.
It is very exciting and interesting that he clearly has identified that 'solid' food is now part of his diet and misses it when it doesn't arrive at the time he's come to expect it.

In other marginally disgusting news Edwards poo is finally starting to become more solid, I don't think I ever thought I'd be pleased about such a development but it really does make life so much easier, especially given the fact we use reusable nappies.

No comments: