Monday 7 July 2008

Yummy Yoghurt!!


Edward had his first ever yoghurt today, he REALLY liked it and ate the whole pot really quickly and with minimal face-spreading. It reminded me of the days when he had a mix of breast-milk and formula, he clearly preferred my milk as it would all go down the hatch whereas the formula milk would mysteriously leak down his face.

I have decided to wash up and keep the yoghurt pot for freezing puree in as it makes a good portion size.

For supper Edward had broccoli it took him a littler while to get into it but once he did it disappeared very quickly, some of it was really lumpy as I'd only mashed it with a fork, I wasn't sure he'd manage without gagging but by that point he was so into the swing of things it went down without any problems.

Unfortunately a bit too soon after dinner he rolled onto his tummy and some of it came back up.....mmm broccoli sick in the ears anyone??

I have been experimenting a little over the last few days with different places to sit Edward while he's eating as I find he often flops forward in the Bumbo and I can't get to his mouth and he squishes his tummy. I tried his bouncer chair which worked well, I also tried his car-seat mounted on the buggy which again was good, then finally this evening I just had him sat on my knee at the table. All worked well, sitting on my knee I liked in particular as it enabled us to sit at the table and both of us are easily washable unlike his car-seat or bouncer. I think we will be able to use the Bumbo more when he can sit up better.

We had lots of fun playing peek-a-boo today, Edward was squealing with laughter it was the most heart warming sound I think I've ever heard....apart from maybe that first little cry he made when he was born, even now the thought of it just makes little tears come to my soppy eyes!

No comments: