Saturday 5 July 2008

This week I have been mostly eating....

...butternut squash!

Luke didn't feel too adventurous to start with and so Edward got given mostly butternut squash, however as the week went on he branched out into rusks, rice-crackers, apple puree and baby muesli.


Edward tried a bit of olive, I sucked the brine off and let him have a bit of a nibble, he seemed to quite like it....proper little Crossland :o) He has also tried Marmite we spread it on a rice cracker for him, and he seemed to quite like that, Aunty Shellie will be most disappointed in him I fear!


Skills wise Edward is getting much better at holding his own bottle, today I bought him a cup with a spout and handles to help him with this development, I chose the Avent one so I can combine it with his existing bottles and teats. I did get him a doidy cup but I'm not overly keen on risking the mess and feel it's a bit too big a leap for him at the moment. It was fascinating to watch him with the spout cup, you could see him trying to figure out how to drink from it and using the same mouth actions he would use on a bottle teat and being confused by the fact it didn't work, I felt a bit mean watching him struggle but he will pick it up soon enough. When he started to get tired and frustrated I swapped back to the teat, there is no rush after all, these sorts of things can go at his pace.


Rather cunningly Edward has finally noticed his feet, and since finding them has decided THE best time to grab them is when he is covered in food...mmm muesli in the toes!! MUESLI IN THE TOES!!
Muesli on my toes up my nose and in the eyes lalala!!


Today Edward tried peas for the first time, sadly he wasn't that keen, however I'm not going to give up that easily, I shall try again in a few days and maybe he will be more receptive, after all he HAS to like peas they are are the only green vegetable deemed edible by Luke.

No comments: