Sunday 20 July 2008

Carnivore!!

Sorry I've been a bit lax with this recently. Over the last few days Edward has done quite well with his weaning and tried some new things including pear and carrot. He liked the pear because it was sweet the first time he had some he had it just on it's own, the second time he had it he had it mixed with some baby rice. The carrot he was not that fussed about though I think he bit his finger half way through eating it as he suddenly started screaming and so we had to abandon things.

On Friday I gave Edward a little piece of chicken to nibble on and play with, he didn't really eat any but he had fun sucking it and enjoying the taste and new texture. For lunch today Edward had chicken again this time I pureed it with a bit of his milk and fed it to him with the remaining carrot. He wasn't overly keen but he did eat quite a bit. I then gave him yoghurt for pudding which went down very quickly as always!

This afternoon Edward sneakily stole and ate a coupon haha!! Seeing he was in a feeding mood I gave him a rusk to play with while I did the washing. He didn't eat much but had lots of fun smearing it everywhere :o)

For supper I think I'm going to give Edward some butternut squash as I think we still have a little left in the freezer, or I may try and give him some of the potato and chicken pie thing I'm planning to make for Luke and I.

I did try to cook swede but it all went terribly wrong, I don't think I cooked it long enough and so I ended up throwing it away as I was pretty tired and not really in the mood to figure the stupid thing out!

1 comment:

Sarah Milne said...

Ahh, Edward is gorgeous!

This brings back memories. I used to love experimenting with recipies for William when he was weaning. He had about four months of food before we had to stop him eating. He used to love butternut squash too.

I hope you are feeling OK this weekend. I am looking forward to getting to know you all through your blog.

Lots of love from Sarah xxx